We asked some of our favourite people in the industry a few questions about themselves. Here’s Tomasina Lebus…
1.What do you do?
I am the bookings editor of Tatler magazine, which means I organise all the logistics and creative for the editorial fashion shoots. Basically like air traffic control of a magazine as you have to handle all the elements , everything from casting, team optioning to crew travel and catering. I love it.
2.Career Highlight so far
The Olympics opening ceremony. Before Tatler I worked for Vogue, who helped to arrange a section of the opening production. It was amazing to have the best in the industry all working together to represent the fashion world for something so special. A once in a lifetime opportunity.
3. How did you get started?
I was meant to go to Leeds university to study ‘fashion promotion’ but the course got cancelled. I then decided to do a new course at London college of fashion being sponsored by Phillip Green called the Fashion Retail Academy. After this I won an internship in Paris working for American Vogue in their satellite office which taught me all the things I needed to know about Magazines and the industry. This then lead me back to London to my first proper job at Tatler as their beauty assistant. Sometimes I think about if I had gone to Leeds to study like my friends, I would not be In the position I am in now.
4. Any exciting projects that you have recently completed?
I cannot wait for our September issue to be out. I think people are going to be really shocked to see what we have been up to.
5. If I weren’t a bookings editor I would be …….
Good question. Sometimes when it gets especially manic I like to think I could move to the south of France and work on a vineyard, although I think I can leave that until I am 60.
NOW TV, the new movie and sport streaming service powered by Sky, are embracing the ever evolving world of film-making by launching ‘the worlds smallest film festival’ comprising of entries entirely submitted via Vine, the recently released video sharing app from Twitter.
The beautiful Mariana Coldebella has been recently photographed by Ivan Erik!
1) For me the summer is all about having a tan and while I like to bake my body I am really careful with my face as everyone knows how aging the sun is! So for my face I usually fake it, however, more than often this brings out spots and blocks my pores. Top of my wish list is the new St.Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Lotion Face which has been specifically developed to combine St Tropez’s signature self tan with innovative skincare technology giving you a glow without drying the delicate skin on the face or blocking pores.
2) Nuxellence Jeunesse Youth and Radiance Revealing Fluid is a new find of mine! Makes skin smoother, radiant and even. If you haven’t got a holiday booked try some of this. With ten patents on the product it truly is one of a kind!
3) Dubbed as summers saviour the Swimcap cream contains UV protection so your hair doesn’t get damaged by the sun but also protects from the damaging effects chlorine and salt water. For fresh healthy hair this summer definitely buy this!
4) ProSun Gradual Self-Tanning Moisturising Cream is like no-other as the formula feels, smells and moisturises like a body lotion and is certified organic by EcoCert and is dermatologically tested and approved. It is non-greasy and perfect for all skin types. Yummy!
5) Everyone wants smooth legs – especially when your slipping into your bikini, so next up is Ioma’s Slimming & Contouring Gel. Its caffeine base has a metabolic stimulating and diuretic effect in the body. Simply massage into skin once a day in circular motions to aid circulation!!
6) Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish is a must for your skin to get smoother and clearer this summer. Simple and easyto use - cleanse first and then polish of the cream with the muslin cloths that are provided.
7) Late nights and summer parties leave my eyes needing some love. This Bliss product is perfect to rehydrate and keep my eyes looking fresh!
8) “Take a picture…it lasts longer…” from Benefit Cosmetics is a silky glimmering body balm that you can apply to your legs and arms. It helps shape and define your legs and is perfect for your summer holiday.
9) Moroccan Oil is amazing and I can’t recommend it enough. A leave in treatment for your hair which creates silky and shiny results.
10) Finally this miracle exfoliator by Mac uses natural Volcanic Ash with fine sugar crystals to unclog pores and leave skin feeling silky smooth!!